Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hats off, here they come...



Whee!  So excited!  Have my ticket for September 22!

Not as exciting?  My annual summer humiliation of auditioning for "Who Wants to be a Millionaire."  I didn't pass the stupid test--clearly, I'm too stupid to even pass a stupid test.  As I was breezing through the questions on the first page (a basketball question?  score!  a tennis question?  woo hoo!  a "Tale of Two Cities" question?  omg, I'm gonna pass!!), then I turned the paper over.  Ugh.  Too many questions about popular (but apparently not to me) vlogs and proper table settings (I have the table manners of a convict) and geography.  Geography has never been my strong suit.  I may try one more time this summer, then I may give up.  I've been auditioning for at least four years and they NEVER PICK ME.  Either I'm too weird or not weird enough.  You would think I would fall into one of those categories, but...no.  I need to find a new game show to be on.  Any help with this would be appreciated.

Since I was vaguely depressed, I stopped at Whole Foods for my current obsession:  their watermelon feta salad.  Yum yummy.  I also picked up some fresh corn salad and some pasta salad.  Dinner was covered.  Then, I wanted to stop for a drink.  But I thought I don't really NEED a drink, and I don't want my watermelon salad to go bad.  To compromise, I decided to stop in a tea shop I've wanted to visit but never have:  Argo Tea, just off Columbus Circle.  I can HIGHLY recommend the iced green tea ginger sparkler.  I had a little left when I got home, so here's a photo.  :) 

To close, I highly recommend Kate Baldwin's new CD "She Loves Him - Live at Feinstein's."  She sings all Sheldon Harnick songs, and Sheldon joins her for quite a few of them.  He is totally delightful and his songs are, too.  Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment