Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 By The Numbers

Happy New Year's Eve to everyone!  I'm sure you're shocked that I'm back with another wrap-up (you're not really shocked, are you?)!  It's always interesting to look back at my year and see exactly what happened.  At least it is to me.  One personal goal was to have gender parity in my theater viewing, but I dropped the ball on that.  I was doing well earlier in the year, so I have to figure out why my numbers dropped.  I will try much harder next year.  I also need to do better in the museum department.  I live in NY, for pete's sake!  There are tons of museums here!  I mean, one of those new museums was in Dublin!  But, it was a good year.  I made a trip to Europe finally, so that was awesome.  I need to make that a more regular thing (every eight years just doesn't cut it).  So, in case you’re interested, here’s how 2015 stacked up:

  • Theater visits: 62
  • Shows written by women:  23
  • Ballet visits: 11
  • Readings/workshops: 15
  • Concerts: 10
  • Award presentations:  5
  • Operas:  1
  • New museums: 4
  • New restaurants: 17
  • Movies:  8
  • Tweets:  440 (wait, what?  who AM I?!?!)
  • Trips for work:  2
  • Trips for ME:  2
  • Walking tours:  4
  • Castles:  1


Here are my 2015 Favorite Theater Pieces.  These are in chronological-ish order...

  • You Can't Take it With You
  • The Heidi Chronicles
  • A Man of No Importance (at 54 Below)
  • The Further Adventures Of...
  • Hedda Gabler (at the Abbey Theatre)
  • The Visit
  • Guards at the Taj
  • The Painted Rocks at Revolver Creek
  • King Liz
  • John
  • The Flick
  • The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
  • Hand to God
  • Street Theater
  • King Charles III
  • Incident at Vichy
  • Marjorie Prime


 
 
 





 
 
 
 


 
 
 


And, again, thankfully, I had so much good food, I had to do my Top 15 of 2015 Food Experiences!  Restaurant Week has been a big help here:

  • Duck confit salad at Pigalle
  • Jamon croquetas at Casa Mono
  • Brown sugar roasted pineapple at db Bistro Moderne
  • shrimp and crab nachos at Torreyana Lounge (La Jolla)
  • maple bacon tiramisu at Jakes's (Del Mar)
  • Roasted butternut squash tagine at Larder (Dublin)
  • Fish and chips at Beshoff's (Dublin)
  • Pan con tomate at El Comado
  • Grilled octopus with pork belly at Burke & Wills
  • Paella at Tertulia
  • Zuppe de pesce amalfitana at Esca
  • Berry Pavlova at Craftbar
  • Helga's meatballs at Red Rooster
  • Duck cigars at Marseille (no photos, sorry)
  • Crispy bird sandwich at Streetbird

 




 
 








 
Let's raise a glass to 2015 - goodbye to what's past and hello to 2016!  May there be more theater, ballet, great food, spectacular cocktails, and adventurous days ahead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment