Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year! 2012 by the numbers

Happy new year, everyone!  I had fun compiling some numbers last year, so I thought I’d do it again!  I’m happy 2012 was a much quieter and gentler year.  Fingers crossed that 2013 is just as gentle.   Let’s take a look at the tallies!  :)

  • Theater visits: 65 (I’m counting all the Humana plays in here)
  • Ballet visits: 13
  • Readings/workshops: 17 (I’m counting all the NAMT readings in here)
  • New museums: 2 (lame – need to do better in 2013)
  • New restaurants: 13
  • Medical procedures: 1
  • Doctor appointments: 10
  • Dentist appointments: 10
  • Movies:  8
  • Trips for work:  5

SO happy about the decrease in doctor appointments and procedures!  So NOT happy about all those dental appointments!  And I didn’t even finish everything they want to do.  Oh well.  I’ll get on it…

Drumroll, please.  Here are my 2012 Eleven Favorite Theater Pieces (didn’t include ballets here).  They're in no particular order, though editorial comments exist.  Love a year when two Albee plays are included…
 
  • The Lady from Dubuque
  • Judith of Bethulia
  • Slowgirl
  • Harrison, TX: Three Plays by Horton Foote
  • The Train Driver
  • Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
  • The Drowsy Chaperone (in Ohio)
  • Giant
  • A Civil War Christmas
  • Follies (I know, it was on last year’s list, but I saw it again in 2012 and still loved it)
  • The Big Meal (which, if pressed, was probably my favorite show of last year)
 
I had so much good food, I decided to do my 2012 Twelve Favorite Food Experiences!  Enjoy the photos and feel as hungry as I feel.  But I so need to get a camera with a ‘food’ setting…

lemon-lime steamed pudding, Beacon

fried green tomatoes, Doc Crow's

soft shell crab, Proof on Main

pulpo con potate, Mercat a la Planxa

moudardara, Naya

shrimp dumplings, Vanessa's Dumpling House

vegetable chahan, Slurping Turtle

artichoke pakoras with eggplant coconut sauce, Vermilion

kabocha croquettes and fresh ricotta bruschetta, 508 Grille
roasted pumpkin soup, Mesa Grill
  

hazelnut dacquoise, The Lambs Club
baked noodles and fish, Uncle Zhou










 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment