Monday, November 5, 2012

Thoughts for Election Eve

I've run across the following quotations and found them particularly apt this night-before-the-election.  Would that I were genius enough to come up with inspirational words like these...


**Money won't create success, the freedom to make it will.
-Nelson Mandela
 
 
 
**No man is good enough to govern any woman without her consent.
-Susan B. Anthony
 
 
 
**I'm a supporter of gay rights.  And not a closet supporter either.  From the time I was a kid, I have never been able to understand attacks upon the gay community.  There are so many qualities that make up a human being... by the time I get through with all the things that I really admire about people, what they do with their private parts is probably so low on the list that it is irrelevant. 
-Paul Newman
 
 
 
**For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.
-Nelson Mandela

No comments:

Post a Comment