Thursday, November 28, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving 2019!


Hello, cyber-friends!  Happy happy day!  I can’t believe another year has gone by - my life seems to be hurtling forward and I just can't hang on some days.  That's when I know I am ready for a break; my weekend is actually going to be extra-long this year, due to comp days after so much work for work.  Whew.  I'm glad to be celebrating this year with my dear traveling chums and I hope that your day is filled with as much laughter and love (and tasty beverages) as I know mine will be.  Oooo, put some good vibes in the air, please, that my new recipe for cranberry sauce turns out deliciously!

As always, I have plenty of things to be thankful for this year, such as:
  • my amazing family;
  • most especially my pip of a nephew, who is just the most wonderful young man in the entire world;
  • my beautiful GNO gal pals;
  • our wonderful guy pals/plus-two;
  • my wonderful extended family, with the coolest aunts, uncles, and cousins around;
  • all of my dear, darling friends who lift me up daily;
  • co-workers who drink with me and make me laugh;
  • Fresh Direct;
  • Herman Cornejo's tango;
  • Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries;
  • Justin's dark chocolate mini peanut butter cups;
  • A Strange Loop cast album;
  • ginger beer;
  • Great British Baking Show;
  • Buttercup Bake Shop's s'mores cupcake;
  • resilience;
  • discovering Golden Girls bingo;
  • empathy;
  • the coffee shop in my office building lobby;
  • Nancy Pelosi;
  • Shake Shack delivery;
  • new Twitter friends;
  • Charles Busch;
  • a dear one’s returned good health;
  • Boqueria;
  • my students who have become my friends;
  • Sign Language Center;
  • Sephora/rollerball perfumes;
  • Roxane Gay;
  • frequent flyer miles;
  • Edinburgh Festival Fringe;
  • the killer bee cocktail at the Stinger;
  • the new Power Plays newsletter about women in sports;
  • riding an elevator with Tom Hiddleston;
  • TOSOS;
  • my beautiful goddaughters;
  • the Talkback podcast;
  • heavy-duty undereye concealer;
  • my handsome young physical therapist;
  • my Roku;
  • reveling in my dear Fellows' successes;
  • L'Oreal magic root coverup;
  • my righteous indignation;
  • my ability to dream.

I'm sure there's more, but let's stop there.  I'm feeling much thankfulness now, so that's a good thing.  Enjoy your holiday, everyone, and thanks to YOU for joining me here!



















No comments:

Post a Comment