Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Recent Travels

I was recently in La Jolla, CA for work and then home to celebrate my nephew's fifteenth birthday.  I had a grand time in both locales, with tasty food, laughs and fun.  Not to mention glorious weather (at least in La Jolla; we only had one non-rainy day in Ohio, but at least it was on my nephew's birthday).  Enjoy some of my favorite photos from a fun week...

5am, waiting for a car to take me to the airport

you had to walk ten miles just to get to the plane!

worth it!  sunny in San Diego

and...right to the pool


shrimp and crab nachos at the hotel's restaurant



view from my room

view from the parking lot

view from The Shores restaurant


a delicious margarita that had cinnamon apple cider in it

rock shrimp fritters with a curry sauce

I love getting love notes from my microgreens

delicious roasted chicken with sweet potato gnocchi

glad I saw this AFTER dinner

light breakfast


yummy turkey, bacon, avocado sandwich for lunch

this guy found some lunch, too
banquet food tasting at the hotel.  it was all DELICIOUS

from the back seat of the rental car

gorgeous Del Mar



yes, I had bacon maple tiramisu for dinner.  so?

my goofy nephew

the day we met

the lines at LaGuardia were INSANE

had to get some lunch as soon as I arrived.  Rockne's turkey club

Easter lilies in the grocery store

the family home, built by my dad

Easter bunny popcorn

my sister gave me this gorgeous scarf for my birthday

I don't know why I love clouds so much...

but at least I got a candid of my nephew!


this was last July

he's so tall!!!

marking his height on the door

he seemed to like his gift

sneaky shot of an ornery boy

but he got me the sweetest gift

I insanely decided to try a little tennis
 
horrible form

marginally better

he is much better


it was nice to walk and chat
 
arty shot in the park

surprise cake for me!
 
my sister got this shot
 
cake for my sweetheart - he didn't want writing on it

he's a goofball

but I love him!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment