Friday, December 12, 2014

A Friday Photo Flashback (how's that for alliteration?!)

Every year, I send out holiday cards full of pictures of me and my nephew.  I figure until he demands that I stop, I'll keep doing it.  I suppose I'll stop before his wedding photos are printed.  Maybe.  Anyway.  Moving on.  A beautiful gal pal told me she kinda misses the OTHER hoiday cards I used to send out - on occasion, I would send photo cards featuring pictures of the famous people (mainly writers) I'd been lucky enough to meet that year.  So, in honor of my beautiful gal pal (and to do some flashing back), I present the photographic equivalent of shameless name dropping: pictures of me and famous people.  Sorry.  But I do enjoy looking at the different hues of my hair over the years... The official-looking photos were taken by the wonderfully talented photographer Douglas Gorenstein.  Enjoy.  :)

performer Sam Harris

performer Raul Esparza

playwright David Grimm

composer/lyricist Jerry Herman

playwright Warren Leight

playwright Horton Foote

performer/producer Tom Hulce

performer Michael Cerveris

playwright Christopher Durang

playwright Craig Lucas

composer/lyricist Mark Hollmann

Pretty Alice Ripley (college chum and genius actress)

librettist John Weidman

playwright Tina Howe

lyricist Sheldon Harnick
 
Tony-winning composer/lyricists Bobby Lopez and Lin-Manuel Miranda

Renaissance man Austin Pendleton
 
playwright John Guare

composer/lyricists Bobby and Kristen Anderson Lopez, one week before their Oscar win
composer/lyricist Amanda Green

And the most magical wonderful photo of me ever taken.  I still can't quite believe it's real.  And it is.  No CGI here:

Albee, Sondheim and me.  Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment