Saturday, October 4, 2014

A New Weekly Feature. Maybe.

borrowed from the 'net
Since I probably won't be seeing as many shows this season (although I've been pretty fortunate to be offered tickets for a few upcoming shows and I'm looking forward to them), I'm toying with doing a weekly feature, sort of like the Throwback Thursday craze on Facebook and Twitter (oh, is now a good time to remind everyone I'm on Twitter and Instagram as @magicalmisstari?  No?  Oh well).  But I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I would want it to be.

I've been reviewing shows for friends since 2006.  That's a LOT of reviews in my backlog.  But how should I choose?  Should I go by date?  By a random selection?  If the show is written by someone currently represented on the boards?  If it is by an author I especially like?  Featuring an actor I especially like?  Is it a really bad review?  A really good review?  I just don't know.  I mentioned my dilemma about printing unfavorable reviews the other day, so part of me doesn't really want to reprint my really snarky writings, but...why not?  Some of my bad reviews are vaguely amusing, if I do say so myself, so maybe, now that some time has passed, they won't seem so harsh.  Hmmmmm.

I could post old photos.  I have some fun old photos lying around and since Facebook is being so contrary at the moment and won't let me post old photos, it might be fun to feature some here.  Some of my travel photos, or old family photos, or hello, food photos. I did have plenty of adventures, pre-tour.

Should I tell deep dark secrets?  Nah.  Moving on.

Lists?  I like lists.  How could I combine Throwback Thursday and lists?

Guest posts?  Though guest posts wouldn't really be 'throwing back', would they?

Well, I'll just keep ruminating.  And if you have ideas, please share.  I guess for now, I'll post this very old photo of my darling grandfather.  I love and miss him so much.  He's the handsome one, second from the left.  He used to be in a band - he was extremely musical.  I wish I had inherited even a tiny bit of his talent.  He could play any instrument, could play a song after hearing it only once and was a terrific vocalist, too.  Somewhere there exists a cassette tape of both my grandparents singing hymns.  Oh how I wish someone would find that cassette.  I'm starting to tear up just thinking about hearing their voices one more time.  I guess hearing about the trillions of things that make me cry could be a weekly feature, too...



No comments:

Post a Comment