Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving! A Day of Gratitude!


As always, I'm so grateful for many many things and many many people, including all of you who take the time to read my silly ramblings - here are just a few more:
  • The most spectacular nephew in the world, who actually looks for houses for me to buy in his neighborhood, so I can live nearby;
  • The best sister in the world, with whom I laugh more and have more fun with than should be allowed;
  • The most amazing and supportive parents ever;
  • My newest cousin, baby Sam – his parents and big sister have gone through so much, they deserve every miraculous blessing they receive, like Sam;
  • My other family: my Coterie and my GNO + 2.  Seriously.  No girl was ever luckier;
  • Summer Fridays;
  • My HD TV;
  • Another year of Roger Federer viewing;
  • Mark Rylance performing in TWO shows;
  • Being a witness at a beautiful wedding;
  • No more jury duty for at least eight years;
  • Our friendly 401(k) advisors who just helped me A LOT;
  • Drop-off laundry service;
  • My beautiful goddaughters;
  • Getting to meet, and interact with, my absolute idol – Barry Manilow;
  • My baby steps into social media;
  • Humana Festival of New Plays;
  • Having so many generous Tony voter friends who invite me to be their guest;
  • Witnessing the sublime Swan Lake last summer with Julie Kent and Marcelo Gomes;
  • Reese’s peanut butter pumpkins;
  • Family photos on Facebook, especially on Throwback Thursdays;
  • Making individualized ring tones for my friends, so I smile and know exactly who’s calling/texting;
  • The Smith Museum of Stained Glass;
  • Watching The Amazing Race with Facebook friends;
  • The Public Theater’s virtual ticketing lottery;
  • My dear sweet Fellows, past and present;
  • Getting to travel to and eat at some spectacular places, sometimes on my job’s dime;
  • My curious nature;
  • Selfies on the beach;
  • Me TV;
  • Bagel Bites;
  • My neighborhood Rite Aid that now stays open 24 hours;
  • My neighborhood natural food store that ALSO stays open 24 hours;
  • Chopped;
  • Golden Girls reruns;
  • Fun work chums;
  • A fellow Queens adventurer;
  • More impossibly handsome men to accompany me to theater and ballet than I deserve;
  • And, having Thanksgiving dinner with two of the most beautiful women (inside and out) I’ve ever known, my GNO angels.

















No comments:

Post a Comment