Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A Way-Too-Hot Holiday Weekend


Sorry for not posting lately.  After my ballet subscription completed, I took a break from seeing things in preparation for my sister and nephew's arrival.  Note to self: don't have company over Fourth of July weekend.  Too hot.  Too crowded.  Not enough air conditioning in apartment.

OK, getting past that, of course it was SO fun to spend time with my sister and nephew.  I especially enjoyed some of the grown-up conversations I had with my nephew.  As much as I rebel against his not being a baby anymore, it's grand watching his evolution into a young man.  If I can help him in that evolution, all the better. 

Over the weekend, we saw The Lone Ranger (my expectations were SO low, I had a reasonably good time), Blue Man Group, the Chrysler Building, the Staten Island Ferry, mini-golf on Pier 25 and Coney Island, among other spots.  We ate gelato and french fries and had many bottles of water and glasses of iced tea.  And laughed and laughed.  I love laughing with my family! 

I have some shows upcoming, so I'll add my thoughts on Blue Man Group to a later post.  But my nephew gave them a huge thumbs up.  Enjoy some photos from a stinking hot weekend in New York!  Can't wait until my next family visit (though NOT in the summer!!!)...











 







 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment