Monday, April 15, 2013

Mysteries of popularity

Good golly, I've been blogging for two years!  I tell you, time just goes too quickly.  OK, if you're wondering why I always seem preoccupied with time, I think it's because of my mother.  She's a real 'glass is half empty' kind of person.  Instead of saying, 'oh, I'm so glad Christmas is here', she says, 'Christmas is almost over for another year!'  Or, 'I can't wait until spring/summer/you get here/whatever' is always paired with 'I can't believe it's gone already!'  I'm constantly reminding her to enjoy the present, but it's a losing battle.  I try, really hard, to live in the now, I guess as a reaction to my mom, but sometimes, the ticking clock rears its ugly head.

Anyway, blah blah blah, therapy session over.  I thought it would be fun to look at my stats and see which posts have been viewed the most over the past two years.  Who would guess over 7,000 people have chanced onto my blog!  Mind-blowing!  Below are the top 10 posts; I probably wouldn't have guessed any of them.  I was SURE that Barry Manilow would've snuck in here! :)

  • ABT - Sleeping Beauty, 7/7/11, 182 views
  • Post-Italy-trip-report-thoughts, 5/12/12, 107 views
  • ABT - Le Corsaire, 7/3/12, 88 views
  • Review - Heartless, 8/15/12, 88 views
  • ABT at City Center, 10/19/12, 72 views
  • Weekend with John Kander, 6/4/12, 70 views
  • ABT - Onegin, 6/5/12, 69 views
  • ABT - Firebird, Apollo, 6/12/12, 66 views
  • ABT - Romeo and Juliet, 6/18/12, 58 views
  • Happy Tennis Week - the best of the rest, 8/29/12, 57 views
Let's see, what's the takeaway?  Clearly, I need to see more ballet and I need to take more trips.   Perhaps I should start following ABT around the world and just blog about that...

I have been toying with the idea of retracing the steps of the Two Fat Ladies.  Remember their show?  I loved it!  They always went to such quaint towns and villages and met lovely people.  On wikipedia, there's a list of all their episodes and where they went.  I think it would be fun to blog about hitting all those towns - thoughts?  It could be my big 5-0 trip goal.

Here's to more blogging!  And perhaps a winning lottery ticket.  Money to see things would make blogging much easier.  ;)

watching time fly by :)

1 comment: