Thursday, April 12, 2012

It's almost ballet time!!

I'm so excited - I have my ballet tickets!  Only four-plus weeks to wait!  This season, I'll be seeing Giselle, La Bayadere, Onegin, Thirteen Diversions/Apollo/Firebird, Romeo and Juliet, The Dream, Swan Lake and Le Corsaire.  If casting holds true to the current schedule, I'll be seeing all my favorites - my Julie (Kent), the divine Marcelo Gomes, Natalia Osipova, Polina Semionova, Diana Vishneva, Roberto Bolle, Herman Cornejo, and Ivan Vasiliev.  And my uber-favorite, David Hallberg, three times!!  Whee!  I'm thinking I may need to also pick up a ticket to Ethan Stiefel's final performance with the company in July.  Hmmmm.  Perhaps I should send an e-mail over to ABT asking everyone to please wrap themselves in bubble wrap so they stay happy and healthy the whole season.  :)

[In case you were ever wondering, no, at any given date, I have no savings, no money, no nothing.  Just soul-satisfying artistic happiness.  And debt.  :) ]

Ballet time also means Summer Friday time!  Hooray!  I can hardly wait for summer Fridays, either.  This year, I'm thinking of doing the museum thing again, since there are so many I still haven't seen.  Since my Diners Deck has expired, I'm also thinking of having lunch at restaurants with chefs I've seen on Food Network and/or Top Chef Masters.  There are so many to choose from!  I'm definitely going to be trying Geoffrey Zakarian's Lambs Club, since it's practically across the street from my office, and hello, he IS my boyfriend.  Ha ha.  But I also for sure want to hit Alex Guarnaschelli's Butter, Marcus Samuelsson's Red Rooster, Aaron Sanchez's Centrico, and Marc Forgione's Forgione.  I also want to try the restaurants of Jonathan Waxman, Floyd Cardoz, Susur Lee, and Maneet Chauhan.  I seriously need to get a second (and third?) job, and should probably start working out now...

Bring on the summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment