Thursday, August 15, 2019

Apologies For The Upcoming Radio Silence

I've let the summer get away from me and I've let my blogging get away from me, too.  I'm seriously going to have to look at my work/life balance and see what changes need to be made.  I am, however, looking forward to another work obligation - I'm being sent to Edinburgh, Scotland, for the Fringe Festival!  I'm ever so excited; it's a bucket list item and I never thought I'd get a chance to go.  Originally, we were to go at the beginning of August, and then my annual Tennis Week would have still happened, but we had to rearrange our schedules and that means Tennis Week won't be possible this year.  My mom was disappointed, but not devastated, so that was a relief.  Tickets for the US Open were so expensive during the pre-sale that I passed on buying any.  This could be the first time in maybe 20 years that I will miss the Open; I'm hoping a last-minute discount or last-minute bank account bump will happen and I will get to go.  Fingers crossed.

Back to the trip:  below is a photo of the view from our Airbnb in Edinburgh.  I really really hope this is accurate - that's a dormant volcano back there!  When I get back, I anticipate sharing lots of stories with you all!  Oh, and I'm also including photos from the nearby pub, which is rumored to be the oldest in Edinburgh, and only a few steps from where we're staying.  You know I already have a reservation there!  In the meantime, lang may yer lum reek! (Which hopefully means 'May you live long and stay well', if my internet searches are to be believed...)












No comments:

Post a Comment