Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Random Photos of Recent Excursions

We're entering the 'not much going on - trying to save money for trip' phase of my life, so be prepared.  I have a couple of shows coming up, along with some Restaurant Week lunches, but posts will most likely be fewer and farther between.  To make sure you don't forget about me, I thought I'd post some random photos from recent jaunts about town. And there will be some flashback posts every now and then.  This photo at left is a shot of a place I hope to go come November...

For last week's Summer Friday, I went over to the Met and enjoyed looking at two of their current exhibits - Turner's Whaling Pictures and From the Imperial Theater: Chinese Opera Costumes of the 18th and 19th Centuries.  I'll put photos below.  I love the Met.  I probably should've devoted this summer's Fridays to just exploring different sections of the Met, since I have my free idNYC membership to play with.  I have plans for the next couple of Fridays, but I will keep the idea in mind.  Oh, I have to mention one thing that tickled me: as is my custom, I got totally lost in the Met.  I wanted to look at the Arms and Armor exhibit on my way out of the museum and send some pictures of it to my nephew.  I asked one of the guards for directions and here's what she said - "You'll see Christ.  In wooden form.  Just go that way."  I wondered for a moment if she was still giving me directions or saying something else.  But, no, you'll see from a photo that she was going with an important directional landmark... :)

Last night, I went over to Dixon Place and saw a beautiful gal pal in a workshop production. My beautiful gal pal was sublime, as always, and, as ever, I have no perspective, so...that's all I can say.   But I did get a couple of good cloud/sun/moon shots, so I'll include them below, too, along with some random photos of things that caught my eye.  Hope to see you again sometime soon!!










































No comments:

Post a Comment