Friday, June 1, 2012

The view from my office window...

So, I have to say, I LOVE working in Times Square.  Most of the time, anyway.  I love coming from my quiet home neighborhood, getting off the subway, and walking right into the lights and noise of the city.  It just makes me happy and makes me feel like a real theater person and a hard-core New Yorker.  Of course, there are some days I want to kill every single person in my way, but I'd like to think those days are rare.  I'm sure I'm still cocktail-party-story-fodder for that family from Iowa City...  ;)

Over the years, more and more 'stuff' has been happening outside the office.  Especially since they made the island into a pedestrian zone.  I thought it would be fun to just put a few photos up of the stuff I've seen over the last fifteen years in my office.  I have to admit, I do have a giggle every now and then when the music gets really loud - it reminds me of a former office mate who would call the police EVERY SINGLE TIME there was music to complain it was too loud and keeping him from getting his work done.  Though, to be fair, when MTV Live was outside the office, that WAS headache-inducing.  Hey, that reminds me, the really not-good singers that perform during Fleet Week haven't been here.  Hmmmm...


uh, ok.  no idea.

Broadway on Broadway


ice sculpting and snow!!  in the summer!


announcing the cover boy for a football video game

Yes, somehow, they set up a rodeo. With bucking broncos.

Patrick McEnroe is teaching a tennis clinic

Tim Gunn!  :)


some football nonsense


very loud cars

dueling Cookie Monsters...

contestants for Miss USA...

Thanksgiving parade preparations...

Sting is getting an award from the mayor

wackadoodle who climbed a lightpole



No comments:

Post a Comment